Wednesday, December 23, 2020

DIY Body & Feet Scrubs to try during quarantine

Bored during covid quarantine? Here's a couple scrubs you can make with things in your kitchen right now- don't even have to go to the store.

Here's a face mask recipe I've been dying to try: half avocado, 1 egg yolk, 4 tbs honey, 1 carrot. Boil & smash carrot, mix with other ingredients, let sit on face 10-15min,rinse.

Whenever I come across a recipe in a magazine or webpage, I text it to myself- then I try it out and adjust ingredients. Here are a few 🙂 

Use these anywhere on your body:

Strawberries & Sugar
3 strawberries, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp apricot oil

Brown Sugar 
1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup virgin coconut or olive oil, and (optional) 1/4 cup honey
*My #1 scrub I use most: decolletage, elbows, legs, everywhere .

Honey & Sugar 
1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup sugar or salt, 1/4 cup olive oil

Coffee 
1/2 cup coffee granules that have been soaked in hot water, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup table salt, splash of olive/almond/avocado/coconut oil
*If using on my feet I use sea salt instead of table salt

Orange Zest
1/4 cup sugar, 1 orange finely zested, 1/2 cup coconut oil
*When I'm bored eating oranges, haha!

Oatmeal 
1/2 cup ground up oatmeal, 1/4 cup water or milk

Banana 
2 tsp banana, 2 tsp ground up oatmeal, 1 tsp milk, 1 tsp honey 

Pineapple & Papaya 
2 tbsp juiceless pineapple, 2 tbsp juiceless papaya, 2 tbsp ground upoatmeal, 1 tbsp honey
*This is a gentle acid scrub not a physically exfoliating scrub

---------------------------------------------------------
Use these extra abrasive ones on FEET ONLY:

Avacado & Banana 
1 avacado pit hammered into fine powder, 1 tbsp avocado (I ate the rest haha), 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp olive oil

Baking Soda pinch baking soda, pinch salt, pinch sugar, 1 tbsp ground up oatmeal, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 cup warm water
*This one is for only really rough feet, I normally won't touch baking soda for anything. I tried it on my face once and it burned!! lol no good!

Aspirin Foot Mask: crush up a few aspirin tablets, add a splash of lemon juice, a squirt of lotion to help it stick

No comments:

Post a Comment