Monday, August 5, 2019

Toning Blond Wig with Gentian Violet

I own two Paula Young "Shannon" wigs in color 14/26A#8 Sunkissed Rooted (medium Ash blonde with medium golden blonde highlights, with medium golden brown roots)-- it's a little too WARM toned for my liking 😝 too orange!
So I tried to tone it with gentian violet.
First I tried 2  tablespoons gentian violet in a bucket of water and let my wig sit 10min. No real change...
...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

 Second try I had 4 tablespoons gentian violet in the bucket of water and let the wig sit overnight... OK yes this made a HUGE difference! 😆 
Be warned it dyed the wigcap bright purple- this would be a problem if my wig didn't have bangs. 
I would never do this with a lacefront or mono top.

And warning: if my wig had been a more platinum I have no doubt it would turn out lilac.
Strawberry blond is my jam! 🍓
It looks very rose gold now, doesn't it?
More youthful and hipster 😎

No comments:

Post a Comment